- Caroline Gatrell, Professor of Organization Studies, University of Liverpool
- John E. Prescott, Thomas O'Brien Chair of Strategy, University of Pittsburgh
The purpose of this webinar is to propose a multi‐faceted approach for fashioning theoretical contributions in review articles, which we hope will inspire more authors to develop and submit innovative, original, and high‐quality theory‐building review articles. We argue that advancing theory with review articles requires an integrative and generative approach. We propose a non‐exhaustive set of avenues for developing theory with a review article: exposing emerging perspectives, analysing assumptions, clarifying constructs, establishing boundary conditions, testing new theory, theorizing with systems theory, and theorizing with mechanisms.
- Thursday, 29th of April
- 10am (Eastern Time) / 3pm (London) / 7.30pm (New Delhi)
- This webinar is scheduled for 90 minutes with plenty of opportunity for Q&A.
- Post, C., Sarala, R., Gatrell, C. and Prescott, J.E. (2020), Advancing Theory with Review Articles. Journal of Management Studies, 57: 351-376. https://doi.org/10.1111/joms.12549
- Breslin, D., & Gatrell, C. (2020). Theorizing through literature reviews: The miner-prospector continuum. Organizational Research Methods, https://doi/full/10.1177/1094428120943288
If you have any questions, please contact Ibrat Djabbarov firstname.lastname@example.org.