- Madeleine Rauch (Stanford/CBS),
- Nicole Siebold (Aarhus),
- Hannah Trittin-Ulbrich (Leuphana)
Time: Thursday, 20 April at 7am (Pacific) / 10am (Eastern) / 3pm (London) / 4pm (CET). This webinar is scheduled for 90 minutes (including Q&A).
Organizing can play a vital role in addressing social grand challenges. They can help tackle or address such challenges. Simultaneously, they can give rise to grand challenges. In this session, we present recent insights into theories and methodologies that may help to understand the role of organizations and organizing in societal grand challenges, and we engage in a lively dialogue on future research opportunities. The speakers of this session include editors and authors of a recently published special issue of Research in the Sociology of Organizations (RSO) on Organizing for Societal Grand Challenges, who will share their research experiences and outlooks on grand challenges.
• Gümüsay, A. A., Marti, E., Trittin-Ulbrich, H., & Wickert, C. (2022). How organizing matters for societal grand challenges. In Organizing for Societal Grand Challenges. Emerald Publishing Limited. Access via https://www.emerald.com/insight/content/doi/10.1108/S0733-558X20220000079002/full/pdf
• Rauch, M., Ansari, S. (2022). Diaries as a methodological innovation in the study of grand challenges. In Organizing for Societal Grand Challenges. Emerald Publishing Limited. Access via https://www.emerald.com/insight/content/doi/10.1108/S0733-558X20220000079019/full/html
• Kroeger, A., Siebold, N., Günzel-Jensen, F., Saade, F., & Heikkilä, J.-P. (2022). Tackling grand challenges collaboratively: The role of value-driven sensegiving. In Organizing for Societal Grand Challenges. Emerald Publishing Limited. Access via https://www.emerald.com/insight/content/doi/10.1108/S0733-558X20220000079003/full/html
For queries, please contact Ibrat Djabbarov: email@example.com.